I think there is some truth to this. I was reading this and came across the following.
To follow up on this, check out the article on CNN by William J. Bennett. What are your thoughts? I feel, as a young single woman, that I am definitely experiencing some of this. I think it is something to think about in a non-man bashing kind of way. I love men. A lot. I hope to marry one of them! But I do think they are getting hit hard by the world, media, and culture just as women are. Maybe there are things women can do to help our men out and vise versa. We sure do need each other in many ways. This is something I will definitely be thinking on, and I would love input!!
We are one month in to NWHS's very first Leading Ladies club. I'm learning. A lot. Nothing can substitute the process of learning by doing. I have read and heard a lot of information on leadership, but within the past month, I have learned more than all of it put together.
Here are a few things I've realized so far. I like lists, by the way.
1. Do not start the day or let the sun set without taking some time with THE Leader. I need to know God is a step a head of me and that he has His hands, blessings, and plans all over what I am doing with this club. I feel as though I have found my niche and possibly my purpose and calling. But every bit of it is irrelevant outside of His will for it all. He is ultimately the captain of this ship; Not me. Because alone, I will totally screw it up.
2. Push past fear and the nerves. Every. Day. This experience has been exhilarating, and it has been terrifying. But I am asking these young women to dream big, face their fears, and to take risks. I must do the same. Our messages and instruction mean nothing if they aren't backed up by our own actions and life. There is no room for hypocrisy. Get out there, and do that thing that scares you. I'm not sure who said this, but if your dreams don't scare you, then they are not big enough.
3. Let superwoman or man go. Some things, for the sake of time and efficiency, are just not going to get done. Let some things go. I do it all the time. For example, cleaning out my purse. Perfect is WAY overrated. It's boring. I mean, every time I see a picture of a woman superhero, she always looks so serious and tense. She never gets to wear pretty outfits with pink in them. NO. FUN. Embrace imperfection.
4. Don't stress so much about whether or not people will show up and listen to what you are offering them. If you believe in your message, one that is authentic and real, and you have something valuable to offer, they will show up. Having a true passion for something is contagious.
These lovely ladies manned the club rush table! They did an excellent job!
On Tuesday, my girlfriends and I had an evening of food, wine and lots of talking. I thought I would recap our time together while listing why I love them so. Accompanied by pictures.
1. They go all out. They love pretty, and they love quality. For dinner we had mussels, lasagna rolls, wine, creme brulee, and limoncello. Note: Real vanilla beans were used and a for real blow torch was utilized. We don't play. Actually, Lara (our chef) doesn't play.
2. We are ready to problem solve and advocate for young girls AT ALL TIMES. This is Ashlie on the counter/sink. Working out issues and coming up with an action plan. Want to save the world? Save a girl.
4. We don't waste. A drop. Especially when it comes to limoncello.
5. I have no picture for this one. But they are there to alert me when I've stood someone up on a date. Here is the story:
I was telling them about my lunch date planned for Tuesday. They proceeded to inform me that today was Tuesday. Silence fell upon the room. I said a cuss word. But no worries, they came up with a plan:
Text him. NOW. Just tell him what happened. And then they leap a million years down the road and say that this could be the beginning of a great love story and it would be a story to tell the kids one day. Why do women do that?! I've never even met the dude. Clearly. I left him hanging at Village Tavern. I concluded that: Heck, I'm human, and I'm busy, and I forget. Shoot me.
Anyway, I am thankful for all the women in my life. I am blessed to have so many wonderful girlfriends.